Woman Dies Within A Month From Flesh Eating Bacteria After Eating Raw Oysters
4Her rashes developed into wounds
Leblanc’s rashes sound turned to open wounds that would not heal. It took her 21 days of painful suffering trying to fight against the infection. Said Bowers “I can’t even imagine going through that for 21 days, much less a day. Most people don’t last.”
5She fought for her life but to no avail
LeBlanc could not recover for the infection and died on October 15th 2017. Berquist commented saying that had they known about such risks, they would not have eaten the oysters. This is exactly the main problem where it takes such tragic incidents to attract people’s attention to such fatal risks.
6Several government bodies issue health warnings against raw oysters and clams
The fact that there are health guidelines issued by public bodies like the CDC, FDA and food safety don’t really make much impact simply because people aren’t accustomed to visiting government sites for what many may constitute as boring content. But!! Such information can well save your life.
7 Her partner and friends are now raising awareness against consumption of raw seafood
Bergquist said “She was bigger than life,” Bergquist said. “She was a great person, laughed a lot, loved her family, and loved her dad.”