These Countries have some of the most strange laws you wouldn’t believe
Laws may seem strange and funny but that’s because they were made by authority.
For us it does not make sense but in the context in which the law was created, it certainly does.
Also, many laws are very old but have never been removed and therefore they still exist today. In the past, these laws have logic.
We have selected a few for you to make sure that in your trips you do not do some acts that you may consider as normal, because “Law doesn’t protect fools”!
1 United Kingdom
- It is illegal to drink if you own a cow.
- It is forbidden to die in Parliament, If that happens, you will get arrested.
- A man can urinate in public, but only on the rear wheel of a motor vehicle on which he had previously put his right hand on.
- A woman is not allowed to eat chocolate in public transport.
- It is considered a high betrayal placing a postage stamp with the head of the Queen down.
- No pig should be called Napoleon by its owner.
- It is illegal to kiss on the train track.
- It is illegal to take pictures of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background.
- An ashtray is considered a lethal weapon.
- In Paris, a trash can is considered a lethal weapon as well.
- The law dictates that we should be able to see the sky in every office, even if it’s just “a little bit”.
- A pillow can be considered a passive weapon.
- It is illegal to wear a mask.
- It is illegal for cars to run out of gas on the highway.
- It is illegal to flush the toilet after 22 p.m for anyone living in an apartment.
- It is illegal to paint a house without permission to paint and governmental agreement.
- Clothes should not be left to dry on Sunday.
- You cannot wash your car on Sunday.
- In Milan, the law requires to wear a smiling face all the times, except for funerals and other hospital visits.
- A man can be arrested for wearing a skirt.
- Hitting someone with a fist is considered a crime.
- It is forbidden in Capri to wear noisy shoes.
- In Vigevano, near Milan, it is forbidden to sit in the shade of a monument.
- In Eraclea, it is forbidden to build sand castles.
- Any electronic game should be banned.
- No one can wear hats in the Olympic Stadium, as it may interfere with the view of another.
- It is forbidden to start a car if someone is sitting on it .
- Before you start your car you are advised to check lights, brakes, steering and honk.
- If your vehicle stalls on the edge of a road, you must mark the vehicle with a red reflective triangle.
- An attempt of escaping the prison is not illegal, however, if one is caught, it is necessary that he serve the rest of his sentence.
- There is a penalty of 20 Dkr (Danish currency) if you do not report the fact that a person has died.
If a prince or princess gets married without the consent of the government, the person loses the right of inheritance for his children and other descendants.
- Licenses must be purchased to own televisions and VCRs.
- You cannot sterilize your dog or a female cat.
- A fee is charged on every purchase of a plastic bottle, which is then refunded upon return of the bottle.
- Selling gum is prohibited.
- It is a crime to cross the street within 50m of a pedestrian crossing without using it. Beyond that, it’s legal.
- The bungee jumping is illegal.
- You can go to college only if you are intelligent.
- In Hong Kong, a woman can kill her cheating husband, the law authorizes it, but she can only do it with bare hands.
- You cannot have more than one child, or you will have to pay a fine.
- It is illegal to kill a sick person by scaring him.
- It is illegal to claim the practicing of witchcraft or predicting the future.
- Comics that show a high proportion of illegal acts are prohibited.
- When it rains, a person cannot water his lawn.
- Queen Elizabeth Hotel should give food for free to your horse if you rent a room.
- It is forbidden to eat ice cream on a Bank Street on Sundays.
- You cannot drag a dead horse on Yonge Street on Sundays.
- It is illegal to play dominoes on Sunday.
- Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
- It is strictly forbidden to drive a car blindfolded.
- In Fairbanks, it is illegal to give alcohol to a mouse.
- In Globe, it is illegal to play cards in the street with a native American.
- In Glendale, it is illegal to drive in reverse.
- In Los Angeles, a man can legally beat his wife with a leather belt, provided that the belt makes less than 2 inches wide, or has permission from his wife to use a wider one.
- It is illegal to shoot a gun on anything from his car, unless it’s a whale.
- It is illegal to use a mousetrap without a hunting license.
- It is illegal to cry on the witness stand in Los Angeles court.
- You must have at least two cows if you want to wear cowboy boots.