This man sends out a horrifying warning when he gets burnt after making chimichuri sauce

Getting burnt at a barbeque isn’t surprising as firing up a grill could be dangerous if you aren’t careful about it. But what if you find yourself in emergency after getting burnt from one of the least expected sources. Not only would that seem weird, it would mean a definite stroke of incredible bad luck which is what Adam levy found out to his utter dismay. This man burnt after making chimichuri sauce comes as a huge surprise and a huge warning too from all those preparing a barbeque. So remember, not always are the flames to blame. Adam suffered a bad case of margarita rash.

Advertisement

Adam Levy of a Minnesota band, The Honeydogs was at a home celebratory event in honor of his daughter’s graduation. The backyard barbeque was going perfectly and Adam was entrusted with making the chimchuri sauce which he did.

Advertisement

1 Strange red patches on his hand

The next morning Adam woke up to find red patches on his skin and as the day progressed, the condition became worse. Adam was actually suffering from burns in multiple spots on his hands and he did not have the faintest idea why. As a man burnt after making chimichuri sauce, Adam thought it to be sunburn; he never really gave it much thought until the rash started swelling.

When blisters began to appear, Adam started worrying and realized it wasn’t the sun to blame, it was something else. His worst fears were confirmed when his doctor gave him bad news.

Advertisement
Strange red patches on his hand

Image Source: www.amazonaws.com

2 Levy was soon rushed to emergency

Levy was soon in a painful condition and was rushed to emergency where he was administered antihistamines and IV. However back home the blistering continued to grow and he soon had to rush back to the hospital. Levy was diagnosed with phytophotodermatitis which is a reaction that happens when sun’s UV rays reacting with citric acid. Usually this can happen when one has handled citric fruits in the sun.

Advertisement

The chemicals found in this type of toxic reaction are usually found in wild dil, parsnip, buttercups and citric fruits like limes. It affects people in various ways from discoloration to severe burns and Adam was unfortunate to suffer the latter. According to Dr Jami Davis, such a condition could be similar to second-degree burns. The problem occurred when Levy used limes and squeezed them on his marinade for the chimchuri sauce. It was the area of his hands which had lime juice on it that suffered from burns after the toxic reaction from UV light exposure for several hours.

Levy was soon rushed to emergency

Image Source: www.fbcdn.net

Advertisement

3 Avid doing this when in the sun

“When I looked at the marks, it’s like it’s exactly where the lime juice would have sort of cascaded over my hands as I was squeezing every last bit out with both hands,” Levy explained. “But of course my right hand got it worse because I use my right hand more than my left.”

Levy’s hand may take a long time to recover from the burns but he is making progress as he reported on his social media. Levy is now using Facebook to inform others of the dangers of such a condition which is also known as Margarita rash. So how do you avoid such a problem and still enjoy your margarita or barbeque in the sun? It’s simple really!! If a man burnt from making chimichuri sauce is an example, then simply wash your hands after handling essential oils and certain fruits and veggies when exposed to the sun for long hours. Also when in the sun, avoid coronas and margaritas. Dr. Davis told CBS Minnesota that margarita rash isn’t as rare as many people assume. She regularly treats patients like Levy; some even “come in with hand prints shaped rashes on their hips from handling margaritas in the sun.”

Advertisement
Avid doing this when in the sun

Image Source: www.shared.com

Advertisement

You may also like...