Five horrible mishaps that occurred to these individuals who were going for surgery

The patients had trusted the physicians to improve their quality of life. Not only did they diminish their current lifestyle they added deficiencies that these individuals will have to live with the rest of their lives.The surgeries were performed by inept and incompetent surgeons who put their personal needs ahead of those that were entrusted to their care.

Advertisement

5 Man Dies In Swedish Hospital After A Doctor and His Nurse Take a Lunch Break

A 72 year old Swedish man who went in for surgery to have a tumor removed from his kidney wound up losing his life. The head anesthesiologist and Nurse went on a lunch break leaving the helpless patient with a nurse from the Orthopedic ward who was not trained to handle any of the medical conditions the patient suffered. The patient’s blood pressure dropped significantly and by the time the hospital staff arrived the man had suffered a measurable amount of brain damage and died several weeks later.

Man Dies In Swedish Hospital After A Doctor and His Nurse Take a Lunch Break

Image Source: www.thelocal.se

Advertisement

4 Seattle AnesthesiologistIs Suspended After Caught sexting

47 year old SeattleAnesthesiologist Andrew K. Zilberstein was released from his physician duties at a local Seattle Washington Hospital.The Department of Health discovered that the doctor had sent over 250 sexually explicit text messages during various medical procedures. It has also been disclosed the doctor would communicate with his girlfriend to explain all the sexual activities he wanted to perform with her while in the operating room. In addition, the doctor even sent x ratedself-pictures to a patient exposing his genitals.

Seattle AnesthesiologistIs Suspended After Caught sexting

Image Source: www.oddee.com

3 New York Doctor Loses His License After Carving His Initials In a Patients’s Stomach

A New York doctor has performed his last surgery thanks to his erratic behavior after performing a C-section. Patient Liana Gedz woke up to see that she had the initialsbelonging to her surgeon carved into her stomach after undergoing a Caesareansection. Dr. Alan Zarkin admired the work so much that he thought it was worth initialing the area where he performed the procedure. Gedz has sued the hospital for $5.5 million in damages and the hospital Beth Israel Medical Center has been fined $14,000. This is not the first time Dr. Zarkin has been reported for unprofessional behavior at the hospital.

New York Doctor Loses His License After Carving His Initials In a Patients's Stomach

Image Source: www.sinaimg.cn

Advertisement

2 Los Angeles Woman Sues Local Hospital for Horrible Prank Performed During Surgery

A local Los Angeles woman sues the hospital where she also was employed after learning of a horrible prank performed during her surgery. The former hospital employee also claims that the hospital staff opened her mouth to make obscene sexual jokes. She was totally unaware of what occurred until she returned to work, and individualco-workers would no longer speak with her. The hospital stands behind the fact that the staff who did the wrongdoing were properly disciplined. They also claim that the patient is making more out of the claims than need be.

Los Angeles Woman  Sues Local Hospital for Horrible Prank Performed During Surgery

Image Source: www.a.abcnews.com

1 Virginia Woman Has Multiple Burns Over Face and Chest After Undergoing Thyroid Surgery

Rita Talbert thought she was undergoing a simple three-hourthyroid operation but about a week after this she had woke up in terrible pain and noticed her entire facedisfigured. Her mouth disintegrated no chin, and nose horribly deformed the Virginia resident could not imagine what happened. The hospital had told her that the oxygen sparked off a flame when a surgical tool had made contact with it. The resultending in second and third degree burns over her face and chest. The hospital staff had reported to Talbert that the equipment caught fire but indeed they were not even aware there was a fire. Hospital experts advised Talbert this was a rare event but in further research it turns out that many hospitals have experienced this mishap affecting between 550 and 650 patients a year. Out of this number 20 to 30 patients suffer burn marks that have scarred patients for life.

Virginia Woman Has Multiple Burns Over Face and Chest After Undergoing Thyroid Surgery

Image Source: www.baotiepthi.com

Advertisement

You may also like...