Energy Drink Addiction Is Real As 32-Year-Old Mother Learns The Consequences
Energy drinks are usually marketed to people who work very hard or work the night shift. It is a mixture of sugar and stimulant compounds which is usually caffeine that keeps the person who drinks it active, awake and focused. Now, many college kids and even high school kids are drinking it to stay focused before exams.
What most people don’t realize is that these drinks are mostly made up of sugar which is bad for their health. One can of any energy drink can contain half the day’s worth of sugar. Some people get addicted to these drinks and have up to 3 or more cans a day.
1Energy drinks in our lives
In today’s world, you’ll find a ton of different energy drinks in every grocery store or mall. They are full of caffeine and sugar. These are designed to stimulate the body and mind and keep the person awake and focused. They also contain a few herbal extracts, taurine and amino acids. They also come in the form of food bars and gels.
2Why they are actually bad
Over the years many people have been getting addicted to energy drinks as it does keep them awake and helps them to focus. But, this has brought to light the dangers of these drinks. The most important being the amount of caffeine being consumed as well as the amount of sugar. The caffeine is known to cause insomnia, increased anxiety and the sugar may cause type 2 diabetes.
3Our story today
Today, we’re talking about Samantha Sharpe who lives in Leicester, England and recently came face to face with the dangerous consequences of energy drink addiction. This mother used to consume around 6 cans of energy drinks and now has a pacemaker at the young age of 32 due to the damage the drinks caused to her heart.
4When she started noticing signs
Samantha Sharpe who is 32-years-old told the media that she used to consume around 6 whole cans of energy drinks a day and then started seeing signs that they were not good for her. She said the drinks made her heart race and gave her palpitations. This would be a sign to go see a doctor which she thankfully did.