Here are some of the top celebrity reactions to Britain’s exit from European Union #Brexit

Britons were to vote on the referendum on whether to stay in the European Union of which they have been a member since the 1970s and have enjoyed free trade amongst EU members and a stable single market to ply trade in; or they had the option of leaving the EU and take control of the country in their own hands. This would have hurt the economy of the country for some time, but they would have been able to curb the influx of immigrants in the country.

Advertisement

The citizens of the Great Britain voted 51.9% in favor of leaving the European Union with 48.1% in favor of staying in the EU. This sent shockwaves all around the globe and its aftershocks were felt in every stock market on the planet and some celebrities came out to either slam the decision or congratulate the citizens on taking back the control and we have some of the best reactions for you. But, before that let’s just understand more about Brexit?

1 What exactly is #Brexit?

Britain or the United Kingdom has been an integral part of the European Union since 1973. Britain, then voted to become a part of a common market of nine nations which have now become 28 member nations. 19 of those nations share a common currency known as Euro and collectively the 28 member nations have a population of 500 million people. According to the rules of the European Union, these people can travel within the member nations freely, can live anywhere and set up business or shop anywhere in Europe. It also proved better for the member states as finance and business was done freely amongst the members without any restrictions.

Advertisement

But the recent influx of European immigrants in the UK since the Eastern European nations were accessed in the 2000s has become a headache and a point of resentment amongst the general population of UK. The 2008 financial crash also put fuel to the fire of locals going out of work due to these immigrants and slowly the influx of immigrants became an issue that Britons didn’t like. That is the reason, the Kingdom went into a referendum of whether UK wanted to be a part of EU or leave it.

 What exactly is #Brexit?

Image Source: www.sonneil.com

Advertisement

2 Britain leaving the EU

The result which came out on June 24, 2016 was in favor of Britain leaving the EU and this will have major political, social and economic effects not only on the EU, but majorly on Britain. Many people have different reactions on it and celebrities were quick to take to Twitter and shared their reactions.

Britain leaving the EU

Image Source: www.hypeline.org

Advertisement

3 Some of the top most celebrity reactions on #Brexit and what will happen to Britain now?

The after-effects of Brexit were felt around the world with stock markets crashing everywhere. The Pound dropped to its lowest since 1985 and there are concerns on how Britain will make new trade arrangements with the rest of the world. Supporters of Brexit say that European companies will keep investing in Britain due to their interests, while non-supporters say that now foreign investments will plummet. Britain doesn’t have to make the billion Pound contribution to EU budget.

Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron has resigned from his post and will leave the post officially in three months when his successor is ready to take over. Britain will now be able to control its own borders and curb free immigration unlike under the EU rules. Many celebrities took to twitter to give their two cents on the issue and here are some of the best Tweets with regards to Britain’s decision to exit- the event being called- Brexit.

Advertisement

Ellie Goudling

Ellie Goudling

Ellie Goudling

Advertisement

Ryan Seacrest

Ryan Seacrest

Ryan Seacrest

Advertisement

Lily Allen

Lily Allen

Lily Allen

Advertisement

Michael Sheen

Michael Sheen

Michael Sheen

James Buckley

Advertisement
James Buckley

James Buckley

Hugh Laurie

Hugh Laurie

Hugh Laurie

Advertisement

JK Rowling

JK Rowling

JK Rowling

Well, these have been the reactions of the celebs. We would like to know your views on this event. What do you think and believe will happen now to the UK and to world? Does it affect you in any way?? Join the conversation and see how people are reacting to Brexit…

Advertisement
Advertisement

You may also like...