Carbon monoxide poisoning claims life of infant and mom in New Jersey

A one-year-old infant and her mom have succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning in New Jersey. The mother and child were both residents of New Jersey and they expired while remaining snuggled in their car. The husband was clearing the snow pile from around the car as this incident occurred. The news has been confirmed by local cops from New Jersey. Read on to know how carbon monoxide poisoning took away the lives of two individuals who barely expected this to occur, in the least. A serious matter of concern is, when will we find a way to avoid such issues?

Advertisement

1 The Tragic Death Of Sasha Lynn Rosa And Her Infant

Sasha Lynn Rosa was aged 23 and both her kids were sitting inside the family Mazda. The car is reported as a white colored one. According to reports on a web portal, the car’s tailpipe got clogged with snow on Saturday night. It was then that the husband got off to clear the snow. Sadly, as the mom and her children cuddled each other for warmth, she was instructed to switch the engine on.

The husband had been shoveling for close to 20 minutes after which he checked up on his family. They were found unconscious then.

Advertisement

He had called 911 and he got a revert at around 8:15 p.m., says the police. Saniyah, the daughter survives her mom and brother. She is three years of age.

The Tragic Death Of Sasha Lynn Rosa And Her Infant

Image Source: www.wordpress.com

Advertisement

One neighbor around the place where the car was clogged came out to see the situation. She was identified as Isabel Carmona. She quipped, “I tried to help the girl and I put my mouth on the girl’s and paramedics worked so hard to save that kid.”

The EMT staff took the family quickly to St. Mary’s Hospital around Passaic but the son and mom were declared dead.
The daughter who survived was later sent to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center at Paterson in New Jersey. She is said to be in a critical condition.

Advertisement

2 Her Facebook Page– Filled With Condolences

This case of carbon monoxide poisoning is shocking indeed. More tragic is the way the mom and son died. Their relatives and friends expressed shock on hearing about the incident. We tracked a huge number of condolence messages on the Facebook page of Sashalynn Rosa

Jaylynn Oliveras, a cousin wrote, “RIP to my cousins Sashalynn Rosa and little Messiah..Such a tragic accident. Going to miss you both.”

Advertisement
Her Facebook Page-- Filled With Condolences

Image Source: www.wordpress.com

3 The Horrid Nature Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

In memory of the bereaved, the spot around the family car was turned into a makeshift memorial that saw a lot of wreaths and candles laid over. This case of carbon monoxide poisoning brings our attention to the vital issue of sitting with car windows packed. There is a certain need to check this mistake at all levels.

Advertisement

Winter Storm Jonas that has been raging USA has caused 28 deaths till date. This case of death from carbon monoxide poisoning is the first and only case in New Jersey. A man from Pennsylvania also died last Saturday from carbon monoxide poisoning while he sat inside at Muhlenberg Township. The gas that lends its name causes carbon monoxide poisoning. It is odorless and completely colorless too. It affects you even before you realize– sans any warning!

The Horrid Nature Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Image Source: www.wordpress.com

Advertisement
Advertisement

You may also like...