You should be alert if your kid does this activity frequently

Kids are vulnerable to many kinds of diseases and ailments, since they don’t exactly take care of their own hygiene properly and are known to play in some really gross places. Their bodies are constantly upgrading their immune system with antibodies against newer and newer pathogens and bacteria.

Advertisement

But sometimes, even simple activities can also make them incredibly sick or they can contract something very dangerous that could put their lives at harm. In this case, a very simple summer staple and birthday party activity turned out to be very painful for a boy as he developed severe sores all over his body and contracted a life threatening infection.

Here is the reason why he contracted that infection and got sores all over his body due to that simple activity.

Advertisement

1 Fun and air-filled Bounce houses

Bounce houses or bouncy castles are inflatable structures or buildings that are usually brought on rent for birthday parties or functions or schools activities for kids. There are many types of these inflatable structures; some that come in complete sets of obstacle courses, inflatable slides, games and many more types.

Bounce houses are unlimited source of fun for kids as they are pretty much safe in such houses, as they are enclosed for safety and are filled with air, so that when the kids jump and fall on the floor of the house/castle, they don’t get harmed in any case. But a 10-year-old kid’s fun time on one such bounce house turned into a ride of pain and an infection.

Fun and air-filled Bounce houses

Image Source: www.newsfoxes.com

Advertisement

2 Just fun times

Brenda Sanderson’s 10-year-old son had gone to graduation party for children and had a grand time playing on various toys and equipment available for the entertainment of kids. Her children had some very happy time bouncing around in an inflatable bounce house.

The whole event was monitored by adults and by nature, bounce houses are pretty safe for kids as they are made to keep kids inside them and falling on inflatable surface doesn’t hurt them in any way, apart from any freak accident. One such freak accident changed how Brenda Sanderson viewed bounce houses, as for her they were safe things for kids to play in and have fun.

 Just fun times

Image Source: www.techtimes.com

3 Painful consequences

Sometime after Sanderson and her son returned from the party, she noticed some sores developing on the body, especially the arms and the legs of her son. She initially thought of the sores as plastic burns from falling repeatedly in the bounce house and she applied some Neosporin on the sores. But after a day or two, her son complained of pain and when it began to ooze out pus, she decided to take her son to the doctor.

Doctor conducted the examination and when the doctor asked Brenda about the recent activity of her kid, she said that he had been playing in a bounce house. Upon hearing this, doctor immediately knew what the sores were, and told Brenda that her son had contracted the staph infection.

Painful consequences

Image Source: www.newsfoxes.com

Advertisement

4 Why it happened?

The doctor said that “It is like a wrestling mat. Staph infections come from a gym or something that’s not being washed or cleansed properly as this will start to create bacteria.” Staph infections are caused by staphylococcus bacteria, which are usually found in the nose or on the skins of humans. Mostly it causes minor skin infections and sores, but if it is left untreated, the staph infection may turn deadly as the bacteria enter the body.

 Why it happened?

Image Source: www.newsfoxes.com

The bounce house in which Sanderson’s son played was a rental. Though these are inspected by the officials from the department of public safety, they usually focus on safety rather than cleanliness. And with multiple people playing on the surface, bacteria easily gets on the bounce house and can cause some damage in form of infections to other kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You may also like...