What is iodine patch test and why is it necessary for you?
2 Iodine Patch Test Instructions
The most optimal time to perform this test is in the morning hours, especially after you have taken the shower. Use only iodine tincture to smear the square size stamp on the inside of your wrist. Tincture is readily available at any pharmacy or drug store without any prescription.
Do check the color of the solution and it should be orange colored. Resist from buying a clear colored solution. Remember and even better, write down the time when you apply the patch on your wrist. Keep a keen observation on the change in the color of the patch over the next 24 hour time period.
3 Interpreting Iodine Patch Test Results
Remember for a base point, normally if you have a bigger need for iodine, your body will definitely use up the iodine a lot sooner.
But you can interpret the results of the iodine patch test in the following ways:
- If the patch begins to lessen in color after 24 hours, the level of iodine in the body is normal and
- If the patch vanishes, almost or completely, over 18-24 hours, you have a slight deficiency of iodine.
- If the patch disappears, almost or completely, over 12-18 hours, you have a reasonable deficiency of
- If the patch vanishes, almost or completely, over 6-12 hours, you have a severe lack of iodine.
- If the patch disappears, almost or completely, in just 6 hours or less, you have a very severe lack of
iodine. And you should immediately contact your doctor.