What Are the Best Foods for an Enlarged Prostate
5How to Manage an Enlarged Prostate
While changing your diet can be effective in relieving some symptoms of BPH, bringing about changes in your everyday lifestyle can be equally effective. Tips that would help ease the symptoms of BPH are:
- Stopping Smoking
- Avoiding medications like decongestants, antihistamines, and diuretics,
- Pelvic floor exercises daily if possible
- capping your fluid intake to 2 liters daily
- When urinating, try to empty your bladder completely
- Bladder Training Exercises
- Avoiding fluid intake in the evening to reduce urination at night
- Stress management
If all these lifestyle changes fail to bring about improvement, then surgery or medication could be recommended by your doctor.
6Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
When the prostate gland enlarges due to an increase or multiplication of cells within the prostate, BPH occurs. It is quite common to have an enlarged prostate or BPH, as over 14 million males in the US tend to experience symptoms of BPH in the year 2010. The symptoms of an Enlarged Prostate.
- Interrupted Urination
- Facing difficulty when starting urination
- Frequent Urination at Night
- Painful Urination
- Increased Urinary Urgency and Frequency
- Inability to urinate or urinary retention
- Weakened Urine Flow or Dribble at the end of Urination
- Experiencing pain after ejaculation
7You need to make lifestyle changes for BPH
When the urethra, a tube that runs between the bladder and outside the body, gets blocked due to an enlarged prostate the following symptoms occur. Thus, passing urine can become difficult or even impossible because of this blockage.
The severity of the symptoms determines how you can treat BPH. In some cases, basic changes in lifestyle might only be required. Still, there are equally effective surgical procedures and medications that reduce the prostate size or the BPH symptoms. Always consult your doctor for the best possible way to manage your prostate problems. Avoid red meat and eat more fruits and veggies.