Try this honey wrap to cure cough and cold at home
Cough and common cold are true to their name and are pretty common ailments. People suffer from this ailment in every country of the world and seek a solid solution to get rid of it. People try anything from regular medicines to Ayurveda, homeopathic and even herbs and plants to get rid of cold and cough.
Most of the times, the method that works is the method that is least expected and has been actually tried for years and years by our ancestors and has been proved to be more effective than regular medications and medical practices.
Here is one such cure for cough, which also cleans out the mucus built up in your nose.
1 The common winter ailments-common cold and cough!
When you experience a runny nose, cough and raw throat, more often than not, it is possible that you are suffering from cold. Most of the times, you do not get fever with a cold. But if you do, it is a sign that you might have flu or an infection with bacteria.
As the condition goes on, the runny nose becomes blocked with mucus, which gets thicker and thicker. The symptoms usually start after 1-3 days of getting affected by the cold virus. The typical period that it lasts is 3-7 days or more in extreme cases.
2 What are honey wraps?
Honey has been used by humans for about 8,000 years now. Historical documents are filled with uses of honey not only as a food, but also as a powerful medicinal material. Ancient Chinese, Roman, Indian and Egyptian medicinal books all sing praises of honey for its curing and soothing properties.
It is an antiseptic and anti-bacterial thing that has been used to treat digestion problems, ulcers, skin wounds and even burns. Since thousands of years it has been used a cure for cough and cold, even for children over 1 year of age.
One such way to treat cold and cough is to use a honey wrap which is extremely effective in treating and getting rid of cold and raw cough.
3 How to make a honey wrap?
You can make a honey wrap at home yourself using ingredients that are available in your kitchen. All you need to make a honey wrap are the following ingredients.
You will need:
- Honey: it is the main ingredient and one which will get rid of the cold and cough.
- Olive Oil: in order to make the wrap, you need something that will make the mixture a bit pasty and olive oil has its own medicinal properties to contribute to the elimination of cold.
- Paper or cloth napkins: you will need either loads of paper napkins or a few cloth napkins that you can dispose of in order to cover the mixture and make the wrap and use it to stick the honey paste onto the body.
- Gauze: needed to pick up the honey and olive oil mixture and to keep it in one place on the wrap
- Flour: the mixture needs to be sticky enough to keep the honey and olive oil together for it to be affective in the wrap.
Band aid or medicinal adhesive tape: to keep the whole wrap sticking to the body.
4 Instructions to use honey wraps!
The instructions to use the wrap properly are fairly simple. These instructions also include how to make the wrap and put it on successfully.
Take the flour and mix a decent amount of honey in the flour and mix it properly. This will give you a mixture to compress on the wrap and will not stick to your hands.
- Now you need to add some olive oil to the mixture and knead the mixture again.
- Now give a shape to the mixture and spread it on a cheesecloth or cloth napkin.
Now attach this wrap on the chest and/or the back of the patient, using the adhesive tape or band aids and then cover the wrap up by wearing a shirt.
For children the wrap should be put on for 2-3 hours only before they go to sleep. As for adults, you can keep the wrap on for the whole night. In severe cases, you need to repeat the treatment multiple times for complete relief, though even one-time usage will provide significant relief.
This cure for cough and cold helps in removing mucus in just one night. Now you see how powerful this simple honey wrap is! And it particularly works amazingly on children. Just be sure that the person on whom these honey wraps are being used do not have any skin diseases or skin injuries. Apart from that you can use them on an adult and even on kids.