This is what happens to your body when you are on a paleo diet for a week!
Paleo diet seems to be the new trend! People all over the world are plunging into this new diet on the block. Some people vouch for its effectiveness and are absolute fanatics while some others are slightly more sceptical.
Well, we bring you everything you need to know about paleo diet before you want to dip your toes into a new pool.
1 Is this something new?
To begin with, paleo diet or Paleolitic Diet is not entirely new; it’s been around for 10,000 years and has made a strong come back. Paleo Diet which is also known as the ‘stone age diet’ has been a topic on many people’s minds and you can now know all about it too and decide about it for yourselves. But before making any conclusions about any diet, make sure you are aware of all the pros and cons of any particular diet. Without much ado, let’s understand all about Paleo Diet.
2 What is Paleo Diet?
You must have heard people raving about Paleo Diet and if you are wondering what it is all about, it’s actually heading back to dietary habits of a cave man. We aren’t asking you to hunt and gather your own fowl; this diet is all about what nature has to offer from its bounties. The diet includes a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, along with a variety of nuts and the gems of sea. While on this diet, you have to avoid all kinds of processed food and lean meat.
This diet is all about maintaining a balance diet comprised of greens, sea food, meat, nuts and healthy fat. This diet is preferred and loved by so many because of its ability to keep a balance. Instead of including one thing excessively in your diet, it has a variety of healthy things. Also, the diet detoxifies your body of all the processed food that can harm your body.
3 Benefits of Paleo Diet
There are plenty of benefits of Paleo diet:
- It is all about the real organic- Cave people didn’t have to stress over eating organic as everything was actually organic. Remove the processed food from your life and your body will thank you.
- It is nutrient rich- this diet is not just about protein, it is a healthy balance of protein with fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Reduces bloating- Paleo diet gives you flatter abs as it is fibre rich and while you are on this diet, you have to drink lots of water and stay away from salt which will reduce tummy bloating.
- It includes healthy fat- Paleo diet includes omega-3, which is the good kind of fat that fights cholesterol.
4 Cons of Paleo Diet
Of course, like everything else, this diet also has certain cons but most of the issues arise in the first week as you are trying to adjust a new routine.
- You will have to lay off on most of the dairy products and cut back completely on the salt.
- If your body is used to process food, you will witness strong withdrawal effects where you become irritated and stay low on energy levels.
- You have a lesser range to choose from when it comes to meat.
- Not to forget, the strict Paleo workout that you have to follow during the course of the diet requires you to work out.
5 What’s the verdict?
Firstly, don’t judge the diet based on your first week with it, as first weeks are always the hardest. Remember that the first week is crucial and difficult as your body is getting detoxified and getting you fitter for the upcoming changes.
A lot of people are uncomfortable with eating salt-less poached or grilled meat, but you can always use sea salt or lemon juice. The diary is again a big concern for many; well you could use soy milk or almond milk etc.
If we have to list out issues, we can come up with many for any given diet but it all boils down to getting a healthy, fit body and how willing you are to get it. So, before you get on with paleo diet, research about, commit to it, and see the amazing effects.