Mother Cautions Parents on Applying Aerosol Sunscreen on Little Kids after Traumatic Ordeal
Kids are curious which is why you as a parent need to be careful about certain thongs at home because sometimes curiosity could lead to dangerous results when involving the wrong things. Take for example aerosol sprays, these are extremely dangerous to keep at home or lying around when you have small children. Throw them away in fact as you can do without them. The risk is too great because if a kid tries to spray the contents on themselves, it can cause serious problems and the trauma they have to go through after that is simply not worth the risk.
1The world can be dangerous for little kids and it includes the home
The world today is a dangerous one for small kids. Even though parents try to do the right things, it may not be enough simply because of lack of knowledge about certain things that could appear harmless to have around at home but are quite dangerous like aerosol cans. There was a time when one poor dad didn’t realize that his little boy’s feet literally melted playing at a splash pad.
2A nasty incident involving a 14 month old girl
Every parent tries their best but there are dangers lurking around for kids in every corner and those corners could also be your home. Take the incident involving Rebecca Canon from Newfoundland, Canada for instance. Rebecca has a 14 month old daughter Kayla Fudge. One day they visited her sister’s home also in Canada and since the weather was quite pleasant, she allowed her daughter to play outside.
3She decided to let her child play outdoors
Rebecca didn’t have sunscreen on her and asked her sister if she had some since she wanted to apply it on her daughter. Her sister gave her a Banana Boat spray that is meant for kids. It was promoted as alcohol free, tear free and sting free with an SPF of 50. The product claimed it was ok for use on kids above 6 months. Since all of that was written on the can, Rebecca felt it was safe to use
4Rebecca applied Banana boat sunscreen that claimed to be safe for kids
In case you are wondering, Rebecca didn’t spray it directly in her child’s face. The can had a warning that adults should spray the contents on their hands first and then apply it on the child’s face. Rebecca did exactly that just as anyone else in her place would. After that she placed a hat on the toddler and they went off outdoors. Rebecca thought nothing more of it thinking now that she had applied sunscreen the child would be safe.