Can’t Sleep? Here’s How To Fall Asleep in just 10 seconds, 60 seconds or 2 minutes
When you try to fall asleep fast you only end up in a cycle of anxious, nerve-wracking energy that keeps your mind active and prevents you from falling asleep. If your mind cannot be put to rest by falling asleep, your body also does not come to a state of rest either. However, there are some scientifically proven tricks to fall asleep allowing your mind and body to shutdown properly.
Use these tricks to fall asleep if you are having trouble falling asleep at night.
How to fall asleep in 10 seconds
While falling asleep in a matter of seconds might seem like an impossible feat, there are still ways to make it possible. With just some practice you will eventually be able to make yourself fall asleep in just 10 seconds.
Although this method of falling asleep which is also known as the military method actually takes a full 120 seconds to finish, the last 10 seconds is said to be the time span in which you finally snooze. This method was first reported by Sharon Ackerman and it comes from a book title “Relax and Win: Championship Performance”. Using this method, people can even sleep while sitting up.
How to do it:
- Begin with relaxing all the muscles in your face especially those within your mouth.
- Drop your shoulders and your hands to the sides of your body to release tension.
- Exhale while relaxing your chest.
- Relax your legs and clear your mind for 10 seconds by imagining a relaxing scene.
- If these don’t work then try repeating the words “don’t think” over and over for 10 seconds.
- In doing so, you should be able to fall asleep within 10 seconds.
How to fall asleep in 60 seconds
These tricks for falling asleep focus on breathing, and muscle relaxation, to help in clearing your mind of thoughts and shutting down to sleep. For beginners, this method may take up to 2 minutes to work with the last 60 seconds or 1 minute being the time in which you actually fall asleep.