How can water consumption help you in losing weight?
Looking at the svelte figures of many models on fashion magazines often leave us dazed and yes, also with a feeling of inner guilt as well that why can’t we have a figure something like that. More than that, the mere mention of water consumption on the diet info of those models and actors is just mystifying and we are stunned at the fact that how something as basic and simple as water can play a vital role in attaining that oh-so-hot body shape. In fact, our favorite actress Carmen Electra swears by the magic that her daily habit of drinking excess water has done for her. According to her it changed her overnight, making her skin healthier, helping her feel fuller and keeping the weight off. The best part to this is that anyone can do it and losing weight can become much more easier.
1 Drink water when you feel hungry
If you are struggling with your weight and getting nightmares at the thought of bulging tummy fat and your dresses are getting tighter for you then water is just the thing that you need. If you get hunger pangs very often then the moment you feel hungry you should drink a glass or two of water. Water occupies space in your tummy and makes you feel fuller, thus if you opt for drinking water before your meals then you are likely to eat less, something which is going to help you a lot in losing weight. You should also know that people usually get confused between the sensation of thirst and hunger. Sometimes, when you feel hungry, it is actually because your body needs water; so that’s thirst and not hunger.
2 10 easy ways in which you can increase your water intake
Drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water may sound petrifying for most of us. However, here are some easy breezy ways in which you can increase your water intake and help yourself in losing weight.
- Drink water at regular intervals, like one glass after every hour.
- If you do not like drinking water then opt for calorie-free flavored water
- Infuse some freshly chopped fruits in drinking water to enhance its taste.
- Always carry a water bottle with you so that you don’t have to go without water anywhere, anytime. Buy some bottled water from somewhere like Custom Water or your local supermarket and re-use it!
- Drink water before every meal as it keeps you full, helps in digestion and allows nutrients to be absorbed easily by the body.
- Instead of drinking sweetened drinks such as cola, soda,smoothies, beverages and other high calorie drinks, drink water. It will save you from unwanted calories.
- Fruit juices contain natural water, so drinking these once or twice in a day is an easy way to increase your water intake and combat excess pounds.
- You can bring home some pretty looking pitchers and glasses as they are likely to inspire you to drink more water.
- Eat water-rich fruits and vegetables.
- Drink at least a glass of water before going to bed.
3 Water has a rejuvenating property and is excellent for the skin!
Water is generally a magical thing for everyone. Experts claim that water has a rejuvenating property as all the cells in the human body need it. Drinking excess water enhances the skin quality and makes it look a lot better than before. Water hydrates the skin, diminishing visible spots and dullness. If your skin is sallow then drinking water should be your top most priority as it helps you get rid of sagging skin and wrinkles. Water plumps up the cells and is in fact, a must-have for radiant skin.
4 Adopt a healthy lifestyle!
Drinking water is good for obese and overweight people but this alone cannot help you fight with your weight gain issues. Drinking more water does help a lot but you need to combine this with a healthy and balanced diet along with regular exercise in order to attain desired results of your weight loss regime.
Water boosts energy and helps you remain hydrated. Further, it improves digestion and prevents bloating. When the body is hydrated it works more efficiently and this is the secret to good health. Moreover, water always remains an inexpensive and easy way to feel good and look good.
Remember, losing weight is not something that comes overnight. So, even if you are trying the water weight shedding plan you need to have patience. So, keep guzzling down this nature’s gift to mankind and reap its benefits.