7 Exercises to Help You Burn Loads of Calories, Even While Watching TV
How can you burn calories by simply watching TV? You might have thought there is no other way to burn calories when you are at home and in front of the TV. But, there are some very effective exercises which are easy to perform at home and which don’t require any special equipment.
Burning calories will help you keep your weight in check and stay in good shape. Try out these exercises to burn calories which can be done in the comfort of your own home and also while you’re in front of the TV.
The high knees exercise targets all the muscles in your legs. It’s a cardio-intensive exercise that engages and strengthens each and every leg muscle while it gets your heart rate up. It helps in improving momentum and coordination.
How to do it:
- Stand and place your feet hip-width apart.
- Bring your hands in front of you and bend your elbows. Keep your palms faced downwards.
- Maintain an upright position with your chest up and start running in place quickly but lift your left and right knees up to your chest in quick succession.
- Continue doing this as long as you can.
2Palm down exercise
The palm down exercise helps in reducing the fat around your arms. This is one of the easiest exercises to burn calories in your arms and you can do it anywhere. It requires little space so even if you are watching TV you can just do it in front of the TV.
How to do it:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bring your arms up to your sides.
- Now keep your forearms perpendicular to your upper arms. With this your arms should be tense but, don’t shrug or move your shoulders.
- Push your shoulder blades down and begin squeezing them together.
- Raise and lower your hands while breathing calmly.
- Repeat this for 45 seconds or at least 1 minute.