10 Easy Exercises to Get A Tiny Waist and Flat Stomach
Losing weight is not that simple if you just go about targeting specific areas. Still, there are ways to make your tummy appear flatter and slim down your waist. All we need to do is target those few muscles that are responsible for our midsection and then perform the right exercises that are meant to isolate and work out those muscles. Exercising in a way which helps in toning and strengthening these muscles would be much more beneficial, as this will stop them from getting too bulky.
1How our waist and stomach look, depend on three main muscle groups-
The deep-lying transverse abdominis: if this muscle isn’t strong enough it will cause the stomach to stick out.
The top-sealed rectus abdominis: which is responsible for defined 6-pack.
The internal and external oblique muscles: These muscles give the waist its shape and the hourglass form that most of us desire.
If your goal is to just have a slim waist and flat tummy, it would be best to do a combination of body-weight dynamic exercises, along with static exercises, and stretching. Here are some such exercises which can effectively ensure that each of the three mentioned muscles gets a good work out and help you achieve your goal:
The muscles targeted: The transverse abdominis, the rectus abdominis, and the obliques.
How to do it?
- Lie down flat and keep your arms stretched out over your head.
- Perform a crunch like movement but lift your torso and legs off the floor.
- Bring yours over your head reaching for your feet.
- After touching your feet with your hands, get back to the initial starting position.
- If this is too difficult, then do it with one leg at a time, and alternating.
- Do around 10-12 reps of this.
3Alternate reach and catch
The muscles targeted: transverse abdominis and rectus abdominis muscles.
How to do it?
- Lie flat on the ground with your knees bent, start by moving your hands towards your left thigh, and reaching for your knee.
- Then return back to the stating position and repeat the same set of movements on your left side.
- Do this 10-12 times.