Story Of An Ear Piercing Gone Wrong Resulting In A Woman Being In Pain For 11 Years
Humans have been piercing their ears for cosmetic and ritualistic purposes for centuries now and it has always been a safe procedure to do. This is one of the oldest things humans have been doing and still remains prevalent to this day.
In most cultures today people get piercings as a style statement while there are some who do it for ritualistic reasons. Today, the most popular body piercing is in the ears. Everyone believes it to be safe but now and again we hear a story of someone who did it and it went horribly wrong for them resulting in something tragic or infectious happening.
1Our story for today
Today, we have the story of Jennifer who by profession is a cosplayer from Philadelphia. At the age of 18, she went for an ear piercing but got her cartilage pierced which resulted in an extreme reaction that left the poor woman in agonizing pain for a very long time and showed us just how bad things can get when a piercing goes wrong.
2Tools used for piercings
Permanent body piercings are usually done with a piercing needle. To create a piercing a hole needs to be made in the body using a sharp object. Normally the piercing needle is a beveled-tip hollow medical needle. They can also use needles of different shapes for different types of piercings. There are many other tools that come in handy for holding the skin during the procedure.
3Risks of getting a piercing
Body piercing is an invasive procedure and as with any invasive procedure, there are always risks. When you go for a piercing you need to check a few things. Before getting it done you will need to have gotten your tetanus shot. You need to check whether the person performing the procedure is a professional or not. If you feel any discomfort after the procedure and the rest period is over, you need to see a doctor.
4What are the risks involved?
The most common one is an allergic reaction by the tissue to either the metal or the procedure. Sometimes the shock of the piercing can cause an allergic reaction by the tissue and sometimes the metal used in the piercing needle can cause an allergic reaction. There are many other complications that can arise from this procedure if done wrong.
5What happened to Jennifer?
Living in Philadelphia, Jennifer is a cosplayer by profession and at the age of 18 went to get her ears pierced. This is a very normal age for girls to get their ears pierced but for Jennifer, things went horribly wrong and she was left with 14-ounce lumps on ears that cause her unbearable pain.