10 Lifestyle Tricks Used by Ancient Indians to Improve Daily Life
With so many different workouts, supplements, and fad diets out there, sometimes people feel like going back to the fundamentals at times. India is a great place to start when it comes to holistic life-improving methods. To achieve harmony between both body and mind, they employ a more traditional approach that considers every individual’s unique features. Here’s a list of ancient Indian tricks to help you become the greatest version of yourself, regardless of whether you’re trying to make major life changes or simply adopt healthier habits.
1Clean your tongue to maintain a healthy oral hygiene routine
To determine your oral health, look no further than the color of your tongue. Try this method if you see that it appears white. To get rid of harmful bacteria, bad breath and improve the sensitivity of your taste buds, use a curved tongue scraper to clean your tongue. But remember to purchase tongue scrapers that are made of copper, gold, or brass. However, you can even use a spoon as a tongue scraper.
2Eat a variety of spices
Spices are much more than merely flavor enhancers since they have a wide range of potential applications. They may have medicinal qualities. Turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice all have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Spices even help improve your heart health and protect it from diseases and other cardiovascular conditions.
3Massage your hair with warm oil for thick, shiny hair
Though the thought of putting oil in our hair may seem dirty and old school, it is one of the most efficient ancient Indian tricks which improve the quality, texture, and thickness of the hair. To get the best results, you need to perform this twice or three times a week and on dry hair. If this is your first time, follow these steps to get the hang of it:
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan until it is just simmering.
- Allow it to cool down a bit before massaging the scalp of your head, starting from the back of your neck. Gently massage the area with your hand for around eight strokes. It may sound odd, but it’s said to affect blood flow and follicle growth positively.
- Pour a small amount of oil onto the top of your head and massage it.
- Use your fingertips to massage your scalp in a circular motion with the remaining oil.
- Leave the oil on for a few hours or overnight by placing a towel on your pillow to protect your pillowcase from getting oil stains. Wash it off the next morning.
4Dry brush your body to cleanse it and remove impurities
A natural brush is used to exfoliate the skin in this traditional method. Long strokes should be used to work your way up from your ankles towards the direction of your heart. In this way, the lymphatic system can be stimulated and pollutants removed. You can achieve baby-soft skin with such ancient Indian tricks to exfoliate the skin and eliminate cellulite. After a long and exhausting day, this self-care practice will also help you relax.