Know Why Parental Affection is So Significant for Children to Become Healthy Adults
9It puts strength in children to face adverse situations
Life’s difficulties are not really the same for your children, asking you to reconsider whether you trained them for any adversity. Parental affection gives children the necessary roots to improve their resilience and perspective for future difficulties. It can be easy for children to learn qualities such as patience, self-control, and perseverance. The supportive and encouraging words that parents give to their children help them to strengthen their mindset to face the shortcomings in life.
10It promotes their cognitive and problem-solving skills
There is no doubt that positive parenthood and affection works better to promote children’s social, cognitive, and problem-solving skills. Children getting regular affection from parents may have a different mindset and opinion to handle any problem. Stimulation and interactions are very important during the days of children’s upbringing. Such children may have a better ability to identify problems and find appropriate solutions.
What kind of attachment do you have with your child?
John Bowlby, a renowned British psychoanalyst, and psychologist studied the parent-child relationship and its progression over time. He identified four types of attachment that may be of importance in parent-child relationships:
- Disorganized attachment: This attachment describes instability, insecurity, and lack of affection between parent and child.
- Avoidant attachment: This attachment helps children learn to cope with the lack of affection and become self-sufficient.
- Anxious-uncertain attachment: Children who are raised with such attachment may be slightly more vulnerable to low self-esteem, and may suffer from fear of abandonment.
- Secure attachment: Parents and children who have this special attachment can share a close and affectionate relationship.
Extra Tips for parents to strengthen their bond with their children
If parents follow the right things on their behalf, it can be easy to strengthen the parent-child relationships over time. Although not every parent needs to make efforts to improve their relationship with their children, parents who lack affection with their child can follow these suggestions:
- Do not hesitate to express your love for them
- Develop pleasant and comfortable rituals
- Try to validate their words and feelings
- Lunch and dinner together
- Give them enough attention
Do you know any other way to increase affection between parent and child? If you know, please share with us.