10 Bug Bites That Anyone Should Be Able To Identify From This Little Guide
We all get bitten by insects every now and then. Insect bites are such a thing that very few people can avoid and as summer approaches it becomes even more rampant. At times it even gets quite hard to identify the exact insect that bit you. In most cases, the bite can hurts, itch, and swell.
When an insect bites you it is important that you correctly identify which one bit you since there are many different insects which can transmit different diseases. Since identifying insect bites is not exactly easy for everyone here are 10 of the most common bug bites which you should be able to identify from a simple glance.
1 Hornet’s sting
Getting stung by a hornet will make the area which was stung become seriously swollen and red. While you will experience a lot of pain which is worse than the pain from a wasp sting, there are chances of blisters appearing as well. The toxicity of the hornets poison is more potent due to the larger size of the insect. Histamine and acetylcholine are the two main components contained in its poison.
If you have been stung by a hornet and start noticing your lips turn blue, or experience breathing problems, or maybe even feel cold in your limbs, then visit a doctor as soon as possible.
After getting stung by a bee, the first thing you need to do is to remove the sting as it might still be stuck in the attacked spot. The skin around that area usually gets red and swollen and you feel a sharp pain and a burning sensation. There will be a severe itch which will appear sometime later too. A bee sting is not exactly harmful unless a person is allergic to bee poison which can cause them to have serious breathing problems.
A wasp sting has the same effects and symptoms as that of a bee sting in which the area that is stung will swell and become red. It will also pain, burn, and itch terribly later. However, it can even cause skin hemorrhage. Unlike a bee, a wasp can sting multiple times, and if you are allergic to wasp and bee stings, this one could cause an anaphylactic shock.