Some facts about Normal birth and C-section that women must keep in Mind
Having a baby is an extremely joyous occasion and the happiness the parents feel is indescribable. However, women must know about the two types of birthing methods beforehand so that they can choose and cope in a better manner. We bring you information about the Normal birth as well as the C-section.
1 Normal Delivery
This is the natural way of delivery wherein the baby is born from the birth canal. There are some different procedures in this form of delivery. A natural birth is where the woman goes into labour and gives birth on her own without any medical assistance. An assisted delivery is where she goes into labour naturally but the baby is brought out of the birth canal using either forceps or vacuum. An induced natural birth is where the woman is given medications to induce labour and then she gives birth which may or may not use forceps and vacuum. This method of delivery has its own pros and cons which we shall discuss below.
2 Pros of normal Birth
There is a sense of accomplishment and achievement in this type of birth as the woman has an active role to play by pushing the baby out of the birth canal.
- The hospital stay is shorter with an early recovery period with less postpartum pain.
- The baby is less likely to have illnesses with greater immunity.
- In future pregnancies labour may get shorter leading to faster delivery.
- Mothers can breastfeed the baby immediately after birth leading to better bonding between them.
- There is less risk to internal injuries and complications.