A Head injury can be serious, don’t ever ignore it!
There are many people in this world who tend to neglect head injuries as they assume it is not serious. This could be a grave mistake you are making. There are instances when head injuries have resulted in lasting and serious health issues. Even when you see no symptom of a serious problem because of injury in the head, it is still better to get a scan done. Here are some of the common problems that may arise due to a head injury. Timely action can be of greater help in most cases.
1 Concussion Due to Head Injury
Head injury may lead to concussion. The gravity and seriousness of the concussion may vary from person to person and situation to situation. You need to evaluate your symptoms to determine the seriousness of the concussion. Here we have listed down a few symptoms that are commonly linked with concussion:
- Difficulty concentrating on anything
- Headache and dizziness
- Greater loss of memory post accident or head injury
- Over stimulation due to noises or lights
2 Symptoms of severe concussion
The above mentioned symptoms are common in case of mild concussions. In such cases, the doctor may like to conduct a neurological test to check you mental strength and reflexes. He may also want to make sure that there is no further damage in the brain.
In rare cases, the concussion may even be severe, even while not detected on scans and X-rays. Here we have listed a few of the common symptoms of serious concussions:
- Severe headache is one of the symptoms
- The person may have difficulty speaking clearly
- Vomiting and nausea are other symptoms that are common in severe concussions.
- Numbness may be felt in the limbs
- You may also get unconscious for some time
- Some of these symptoms may seem to worsen with time
In such situations, you need to make sure that you rush to the hospital for help. A CT Scan may be conducted on you to find out if there is any internal head injury.