Infallible tips to Keep your Pets away from Fleas and Ticks
It is said that, a man has not known true love until he has experienced the love of a pet. Having a pet at home acts as a stress buster and is also therapeutic. The joy they bring to an otherwise routine life is indescribable. Hence, it becomes our responsibility to keep them healthy and safe. During some seasons, pets get infected with fleas and ticks, which could prove dangerous. Let us find out about the measures that can be taken to keep pets safe from these bugs.
1 Pest Protection Products
There are plenty of pet care products like shampoos, soaps, lotions, sprays, powders and pills, available in the market today, which can be used to control the infestation of bugs. A few of these products have been found to have serious side effects on both, pets as well as their care takers. Here are a few pointers that could help choose a treatment.
- It is best to consult your veterinary doctor before taking any decisions.
- One should make it a point to know about the compostions of the products, so as to make better decisions.
- Dogs and cats require different treatment plans and it is dangerous to use the same treatment on both animals.
- Medicine dosages should be administered based on the animals weight.
- Follow instructions on the package very srtictly.
Some of the conventional treatments for flea and tick include, collars, topical treatments, sprays, dusts, shampoos etc. Sadly, the ingredients used in these products have been found to be dangerous and could prove to be fatal for children and pregnant women. To name a few, even low level exposure to chemicals like organophosphates and carbamates, two extremely dangerous pesticides found in some flea treatments as well as in some agricultural and lawn products, have been linked to learning disabilities in children.